Thursday, December 8, 2016

Phantom Menace

I had decided to show the kids the Star Wars movies in the order that I had scene it.   They enjoyed episodes 4, 5, and 6 and I felt that maybe we could just move forward and ignore the first three that I had seen by jumping to Episode 7.

They enjoyed 7, but I made the mistake of talking about Luke and Leia's mom.   That ignited a curiosity and now ... we're watching Episode 1.

I hated it when I saw it opening night because there had been so much hype and joyful anticipation.   I was disappointed.   Maybe it was because of the expectations.   Maybe it was just real ready bad.  

Now I get to see it again but through the eyes of many young kids.   The things that excited me (Luke Amidala's costumes bore them).  The biggest shock is that the character whose presence onscreen and awkward voice annoyed me so much on opening night is Max's favorite character.  

Perspective is so interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment