Friday, October 2, 2015

Work Out More, Mommy!

We went to a new LA Fitness that opened up close to our bus than the original gym we joined.  I dropped off the kids in a pleasant-looking childcare room with some play structures that resembled a cartoon forest and then danced my heart out at a Zumba class.

After a good hour of shaking my bootie and sweating off the Kettle chips I ate the night before, I retrieved the kids from the gym's care ... much to the disappointment of Simone.  She must have been having a great time because she asked me to work out more.  I could see what intrigued her about the room. Not only were there nice, smiling kids playing calmly, but there were little cars that Simone has always loved to play in (their movement is propelled by the child's feet a-la-Flinstones) since she was a wee one. 

But I had dinner to make and it was getting dark.  Ok, ok.   I had no desire to work out more.  Simone though wanted to use all her debate skills to buy more time to play.  So after I told her no, we have to go home, she retorted ...

"But Mommy!  You're still fat!"

Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment