Monday, March 28, 2016

Repurposed Tarp

Last year, I made a terrible mistake of not checking where our canopy was in relation to our hot grill.  I usually don't have to worry about their distance because the canopy is propped up most of the time.  But this night was a windy one so I dropped the poles and tarp and laid it flat against the bus.  Sadly, I didn't tie the tarp down well enough and I didn't account for the distance when the hot lid of the grill is fully open.

After cooking perfectly medium rare steaks, I could not rejoice in my culinary skills because my depth perception was not turned on.  I lowered the lid and saw that I had burned a giant hole in the tarp!


We survived with the hole throughout winter, but Michael was itching to change the frame.  Notice how the beam is sagging so low between poles.  So since he was doing that, we replaced the tarp with a brand new, non-burnt one.  Coincidentally, Michael's motorcycle cover was in such poor shape that he had the idea to reuse the old tarp as his new motorcycle cover!  



Michael drapes and cuts ...


I pinned and sewed ...





Voila!


Wet no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment