Thursday, January 25, 2018

Fresh Off the Boat - foreign food

I am enjoying the show Fresh Off the Boat.  The Tiger Mom reminds me of mine so much!  The trials and travails the oldest son Eddie (also the narrator) goes through are so parallel to mine!  In one scene, Eddie brings homemade noodles for lunch.  His new classmates wail in disgust as they smell the foreign aroma from Eddie's meal.  It reminds me when I brought some Polvoron to school.  I had planned to enjoy the two pieces during recess.  Feeling generous, I gave my second piece to Lisa so she could try the delicious treat.  She took one bite and spit it out.  She exclaimed how terrible it is.  Luckily she gave her leftovers back to me and I got to enjoy the rest, but I was very embarrassed.

And mad!  Polvoron is delicious!  You don't spit that mana from heaven out of your mouth!  Blasphemy!

No comments:

Post a Comment