Friday, January 12, 2018

When You're Not Sick

It seems the kids do listen to what I say.  You wouldn't think that was the case when I have to tell them every night that they need to put their dirty clothes in the hamper. 

Today I was sickly.  Although I no longer had a fever, I was able to move about.  But my excursions were riddled with coughing and snot-snorts.   In need of milk and school snacks, I brought the kids with me to the grocery store.  I went one route to get vegetables, milk, and other food; the kids went another to pick out their treats and snacks.

When we met up somewhere in the soup aisle, they placed their delicious goodies in my cart.  My mouth watered at the sight of the M&Ms and frosted cookies they had chosen, but I resisted the urge to have some because ... well, they weren't payed for yet.  When we got to the car, however, and I was putting the groceries in the trunk, my eyes again zeroed in on the sweets.  Max asked if he could have the cookies on the way home and I happily obliged.  I immediately asked if I could have one and I got this answer:

"NO!  You're sick."

Darn it, these kids listen to me at the wrong time!  Later that night I asked for some M&Ms and Max this time said yes.  But this yes was followed up with "... when you're not sick anymore."

Clever little kiddos.

No comments:

Post a Comment