Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Art Studio!!


When we first moved to Tampa, I was so tired and so not in the mood to do as many art projects as we used to do in Alameda.  As the year progressed, however, I felt bad that Max has not had as much art experience as his sister has had.  I realized several weeks ago that he hadn't done much scissor skills and he's already 3!  I felt determined to change this lazy attitude of mine and give my kids the full "kid experience" of painting and creating and deconstructing and pasting.

Armed with a coupon from JoAnn's and Lakeshore Learning I began gathering supplies.  I also tidied up the screened porch which was to be their new art studio.  We unfortunately haven't received all the paint colors due to the progressively regressive service UPS has been delivering, but the kids couldn't wait any longer!

Simone squealed when she saw the paint cups set out


Max insisted on helping so I asked him to grab the paper towels


Ready, Set, Paint!



Let it flow!

We had to do our painting at 8 in the morning - not just due to their excitement - but because it was going to get hotter the longer we waited.  If I remember correctly, the temp was at about 79 degrees.  After the kids finished, they discussed their paintings.




After their interviews, the kids decided they needed to put the titles on their paintings and added ...






Today was too busy of a day to get the remaining red, brown and orange colors so we might be trekking to the physical Jo-Anns store tomorrow because I have a coupon!  Maybe that's how Max thought of the name of his painting "Cue-Ponj."





No comments:

Post a Comment