Monday, July 22, 2013

Terrible Threes


The famous Terrible Twos are not quite as bad as the Threes have been for Max.  He whines a lot more and throws more tantrums.  I think it's because he is more aware of what he can't do in comparison to not only Simone but also to Michael and me.  He also has favorite things now and he is more insistent on having his favorite things.  For example, he has his favorite shorts and favorite pants.  When they are dirty - or have been worn for an entire day - Max cannot wear them until I've washed them.   This frustrates him to no end!  We basically leave him alone as he cries and wails.  When he finally calms down, he gives in to wearing another pair of pants or shorts.



I don't know if I'm projecting this development with Simone but I think it might have been the same on her when she was 3.  I should really look back at the archives to see if it's true.  I don't remember clearly because I had had a newborn Max to deal with and also had little sleep at the time.

Despite all the whining, I feel better prepared.  I look at Simone and see that she got over it.  I can't wait for Max to get over it too!  Although ............. I know that there will be other hormonal, cerebral, and physical developments that will pose as more challenges.   Sigh.  Such is the life of a human.


No comments:

Post a Comment