Thursday, July 11, 2013

Car Days - 1st Day's Work Analysis


When Michael told me he was going to do a lot of work himself on the car, I volunteered to help him so I could learn what he is doing.

Warning ... my next sentences will be morbid so if you don't like the topic of death, you should just skip the next words and just hit play on the video below.

I love being with Michael, but I know that it is possible he might die unexpectedly.  I like to learn things about how to take care of the house so that if Max, Simone and I were ever to be left stranded without the man of the house, I - the woman of the house - can take care of the remaining Meyers.  I hope to grow old with Michael, but I'm always trying to think independently.  So part of my wanting to learn about the car is to know more about how to take care of our transportation and not to be at the mercy of mechanics who have a reputation of wanting your money more than to help you with good service.


I came through this experience thinking negatively of doing car work myself.  But I am feeling empowered that I can stroll into a Jiffy Lube and be able to tell if the mechanics are speaking the truth or not about oils and filters needing to be changed.  I am also feeling well-prepared to maintain a car in the future.   I used to regularly have the oil on my Honda Civic changed, but in terms of doing brake fluid and transmission oils, I was oblivious.  

Not anymore!!!


To see the beginning of Car Days, jump to the first post here.

No comments:

Post a Comment