Thursday, March 6, 2014

Max's Vocabulary

I'm sure I've written about how Simone was a sponge with words when she was a littler girl.  Max is proving to provide me with the same blog entry!

Yesterday morning we were shopping for new underwear.  He is an average size boy but he has a big but like his parents.  His size 4/5 briefs do not fit comfortably and now has to upgrade to size 6.  While at Target looking at the huge selection of designs, Max could not decide which pack he wanted to buy.  I suggested to him that we think about it for a day instead of buying right that minute.  Max was eager to be newly clothed so he asked,

"But what if I get something that's more acceptable?"

The issue was not really the acceptability of the briefs.  Max was so excited to see new logos but he had never expressed interest in 'toons such as Skylanders, nor had ever really played with Chima nor Angry Birds.  I was concerned that he would buy some underwear and then not want it after a while because he didn't know the characters on his butt.  Max was determined, however, to get something ... anything!

"But, Moooommm, I want something inventional."

Inventional?  I asked if he meant "unconventional" and he said yes, but I'm not sure if he knows what that means.  All the designs were of conventional, socially accepted, commercially viable characters.  So maybe he did mean inventional in the sense that he wanted something new to him.






No comments:

Post a Comment