Friday, June 21, 2013

Simone is 6-years-old!


June 8, 2013


The night before Simone's actual birthday was one full of frosting activity.  Since the kids didn't frost the cupcakes for school, I had them do that part this time.   They were all too eager.  Thinking back on it, I think I should have done the frosting early because I'm sure they had snuck in some licks here and there and were hyper beyond normal.






We came out with one cake and 18 cupcakes.






Max was everyready "Can I eat one now? ...  How about now? ...  Now?"



I always loved those premade candy decor that you can buy at the store but we never got them on my cakes unless it had been a bakery-made cake.  I was so excited to get some for Simone.


Look how delicately Simone sprinkles her cake.  She does it with such care ... 



... for the most part.



The next morning, the kids were eager to have the fruits of their labor.



Max wanted to help with all aspects of someone else's birthday.  The first time we sang, Max blew out Simone's candle for her.   




Maybe she does need Max's help after all.  Simone, for some reason, couldn't blow out her candle.  When she finally did, we realized she hadn't made a wish.  Of course we had to do it over again!


Simone has conquered her cake.





Max didn't think Simone looked ferocious enough so he showed her how it's done.





No comments:

Post a Comment