Sunday, September 1, 2013

Tea Time for Two!

Simone and I found a few hours this weekend to do another Mommy and Simi Time at a tea room.  I have recently started wearing heels again when I go out for dinner and knew that this occasion would be no exception.  To let Simone feel extra special this outing, I let her wear her little high heels too!

Her feet are finally as long as the shoe!  Time has flown!



Gingerly stepping down the stairs ...

Simone knew that I was letting her wear the heels since we would be on our feet for a short time.  She has seen other girls wear heels at her school and urges me to let her.  Sure I don't want her to grow up too quickly, but I also don't want her to get bunions in the midst of her growth!  

We tried going to a local tea room but they are on vacation for 2 weeks.  We went farther out, but it was worth it!

The host offered Simone a hat and boa!
Simone got the Princess Tea and I got the regular High Tea.  Simone has had herbal tea before and was interested in trying it again.  Their peach tea however smelled oddly pungent and she was not impressed.  Simone did like the soup they gave for their first course.

Don't let her frown fool you - she was just suspicious of soup she had never had before

I thought Simone would prefer their chicken and wild rice soup rather than their tomato basil so she got the smaller version of the former while I got the adult portion of the latter.  I ended up loving my tomato basil that I almost forgot to offer her some.  I had a bit left and when she refused my offer, I happily slurped the rest up.  Victorian Grace's soups were so savory!  While we waited for the rest of our food, we snapped photos.





Simone's food came first and she was so excited to eat her teddy bear grilled cheese sandwich, PB & J donut, chicken nuggets and teeny tiny cupcake.



I unfortunately didn't take pictures of my food but it was deliiiicious!  I later asked Simone what she liked about her experience and I thought that for sure she would mention her cupcake or my truffle bar that we split.  Here's what she professed.

"My favorite part of tea was taking pictures"


No comments:

Post a Comment