Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Curls

We prepared Simone's hair as scheduled, but the outcome was not as we expected.


All good so far

Playful mood as Betty Boop

"Why did you make me look so weird?"

Simone giggled at the sight of her curls but later withered at every subsequent glance.  The thought of her classmates seeing her with curly hair, I think, started to frighten her.


I kept assuring Simone that her hair would turn out ok because I would comb out the curls and her hair would be as beautiful as Snow White's wavy hair.  As time ticked away, Simone lost confidence in her mommy's hairdressing skills.  Realizing that she would be emotionally scarred if she went to school not feeling comfortable, I wanted to take one last picture of how curly her hair was.  My solution was to wash her hair to get the curls out quickly.  It was as if the ringlets were kryptonite and she was losing energy and hope as long as they stayed on her.  

Breakdown


When I combed her hair and put her costume on, the regular happy, tickled Simone came back.   Seeing her cry earlier broke my heart and seeing her smile relieved me to see the old beautiful Simone again.




No comments:

Post a Comment