Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ice Cream Homeschool Social

We've been having fun with our new  friends at the campground.  Mrs. Smith lets us know of lots of homeschooling opportunities around town.  We recently all attended an ice cream social hosted by the homeschool group on the military base.  





The group was very welcoming and forecasted a year full of opportunities to socialize and explore DC.  This is actually a homeschool co-op so that means the parents volunteer heavily.  While I'm sure I could teach the kids, I am paralyzed with stage fright every time I think of having to stand in front of 10 pairs of eyes, tiny as they may be.  Luckily there's another way to help out and that is to watch the younger kids.  I can totally do that!  I've been doing that for 7 years!  I bet once I see the other parents teaching, I'll gather courage.  For now, I'm skird.



Maybe if my class were this goofy, I'd feel more comfortable teaching them.

No comments:

Post a Comment