Friday, January 10, 2014

Happy New Year!

In Christmases past, I had let the kids decorate a gingerbread house which they would eat on Christmas morning.  Last year, I saw a sale on a Rice Krispie Treat train and bought it for Christmas 2013.  Well, I got incredibly busy that day that I completely forgot about it!  So for New Year's Eve, I set up the train to decorate.



My New Year's resolution should be to slow down and read instructions twice - nay, thrice! - so I don't make mistakes like this abomination:


I had put the heat on too high and the marshmellows burned and were too gooey to mix in the krispies.  Luckily I had extra marshmellows and tried again - this time reading the instructions and following them precisely.

"What took so long, Mommy?"

Here is a video of the kids decorating the trains:




Simone almost made it to midnight but fell asleep at around 10:50pm.  I fell asleep with her and woke up one hour later unaware that I would finally be awake for a New Year's countdown!  It's been a while, I think, since I've welcomed the new year.  The next day, the kids ate a nutritious breakfast and then feasted on their treats.





The Aftermath:










1 comment:

  1. Very nice trains! Also, very nice candle heat spinning thing!!! I've been wanting one of those things. Where did you get it? (actually, this is Grace from Derrick's account)

    ReplyDelete