Thursday, January 23, 2014

Simone's Latest Drawings

This past weekend was one filled with lots of drawings.  I wrote already about Max's debut into the anthropomorphous theme.  Now I'm here to write about Simone's latest series: TV/Movie Posters.  It started with innocent question, "What is your favorite show, Mommy?"  I told her it was The Walking Dead, not thinking that she was about to interpret in any fashion.  Here's what she came up with ...

  


I think she drew her "zombie" from this image she saw on my computer.  I had assured her that the creepy woman in the back wasn't really a zombie.  She just hadn't bathed in a long time.  It's true! 



Here is "Alaska: The Last Frontier."

"It is cold"   "Yeah"
  
"The Kilcher family from the Alaskan show"

"New Girl"  

  



The lines in the girl's speak bubble are a representation of the character's blabbering.


This last example also illustrates that when I think Simone is just playing her games, she is also paying attention to the melodramatic Chinese films I seem to be addicted to lately.  The movie is about a man who sacrifices a lot to save the remaining heir to the throne after a military dictator slaughters the entire royal family.  When the boy grows up and finds out that his father is not his real father, there are outbursts which make me tear up.   Simone remembers this scene that made her mommy cry.

"You are not my father."  "You are my son"







1 comment:

  1. I think her New Girl interpretation is my favorite. We like that show too. :)

    ReplyDelete