Thursday, November 21, 2013

This is 40

I turned 40 years old today!    I actually feel more youthful than when I turned 30!  I remember buying $200 worth of beauty products my last night as a 29-year-old.  Last night - my last one for my thirties, I bought Godiva chocolates and a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans.  Ok, the pants weren't the fanciest but they felt great because they were high-waisted and sucked in my post-baby bump wrinkles!  Ok  speaking of wrinkles - I did buy a moisturizing serum.  But it was Olay brand and on sale for $10!




Life is good.  40 is nothing scary!  I think what makes it feel great is that I have a loving husband with whom I do so many projects and around whom I can fart and burp and he still thinks I'm pretty.  I also feel blessed to have 2 beautiful, healthy (well, not that healthy right now as they have had high fevers this past week) children.  I have great friends, parents, and a sister with whom I speak regularly.  I feel loved!


3 comments:

  1. Aww...I'm glad your 40th was filled with such happy feelings! Love you, Gi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. What a cute baby and hairy father!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday again and here's a quote I've encountered 3X in the past week and is always fitting no matter what bday it is:
    “How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?”

    ― Satchel Paige

    ReplyDelete