Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas 2013 - Presents

I had stayed up late on Christmas Eve to finish wrapping the last presents and knew that I would have a hard time waking up to see the kids open said presents.  I did not want to finally wake up Christmas morning only to find the Living Room strewn with wrappers, revealed presents, and ho-hum children playing quietly.  I wanted to see the excitement and anticipation in the kids eyes as I had had when I was their age.  To heighten my chances that I could see this magical moment, I made a sign before going to bed, and placed it in front of the pile of presents.


It worked!!!  The kids totally behaved themselves until Michael and I woke up.  But it may have been due instead to their opening one present the night before.  We could see they couldn't stay awake until 8:30pm - the time we were scheduled to Skype with my family in California - so we let them open one present.  Max chose what felt like it might be clothing underneath and Simone picked what she suspected was her long-awaited Equestria Girl.




I think the excitement on Christmas Eve had sustained them until the following morning's festivities.







Thank you, everyone, for all the generosity you've shown our family!




No comments:

Post a Comment