Monday, December 30, 2013

Simone's Reading Storm


Simone loves to read and is starting to read on her own!  We got Diary of a Wimpy Kid from the library and she started reading it in the car.  When we got home, she was reading it.  At night, I offered to read it for our read-aloud time.  She declined and said she wanted to read it on her own.  After I read aloud, I let them read in bed by themselves with the light on.  Simone kept on reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid!  She reached halfway and then lost interest, but I think that's because there were other books we got at the library that piqued her interest.

The second book she started reading on her own was Super Diaper Baby.  Max and I, however, were also interested so we read it for read-aloud time anyway!

Last night, I read for about 20 minutes and then started helping Simone read Super Diaper Baby when she got stuck on words.  Tired after a day of cleaning, I fell asleep and woke up 40 minutes later.  She was still reading!!!  I had to tell her to turn off the light so that she and her brother could finally go to sleep.

Here's a video I unearthed that shows how early Simone's love of reading began.





1 comment:

  1. I love her licking her finger to tun the pages!! Haha so cute!

    ReplyDelete