Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Advent Calendar

When I was in 1st or 2nd grade, my teacher brought in an advent calendar, those charts with 25 boxes behind which were a chocolate.   I don't know if the purpose is to add excitement to the arrival of Christmas (not that any child needs it), but that's what it did to me.  One kid per day got to open the date's corresponding number and enjoy the chocolate they uncovered.  This was the neatest thing ever to my elementary eyes and how I wish I had all 25 days to myself!

So when I saw these manna from heaven at the grocery store, I knew I had to share this delight with the kids.  I don't know why we never got them as kids because the ones I found were dirt cheap at $1.69 each!







We bought the calendars on December 1st and the kids had their first candy in the afternoon.  The next morning, I was too groggy to stop them from opening the chocolate behind #2 so it has become a routine for the kids to run to their calendar and greet the day with sugar!


No comments:

Post a Comment