Friday, October 17, 2014

We Have Alternating Current!!!

The week before we left Tampa, Michael declared to me that we could get the electrical and plumbing done.  I agreed that we could do the electrical but I had resigned to just do the plumbing at the campsite.  If I had known the scope of electrical still left to be done I would have dismissed his prediction altogether.

I have done a lot of work on the bus, but my grasp of the entire scope of what needed (and needs) to be done is faint.  It is only after I have done the tasks that I am able to appreciate the breadth of what we accomplished.  So this past weekend, when we got almost all the AC outlets working I had a mix of emotions.  I was extremely relieved to not be living in a sea of extension cords.  Pride swelled in me as I looked at my husband who conceived the entire system and executed it with great success and much solo labor.  In the glory of electricity, I was also in disbelief at how ambitious Michael had been in Tampa to finish the AC outlets in one week on top of all the other bus work and packing we had to do. 





Our workspace in DC is much nicer than what we had in Florida - not only for the work surface but for the absence of blood-sucking insects during the day.






Our workshop is smaller with less tools and fasteners






There was a lot of conduit to run both above in the living area and down in the utility bays.  Michael had already run a bunch behind cabinets, but there was sooooo much more to do - like 300% more than what we had done.  It was quite a maze but Michael neatly ran them and secured them with hangers, clips and zip-ties.




Not only were there runs across the port and starboard sides, but they had to go up and down into the bays and living space.  


Now that AC is done, Michael is going to tackle the DC!  




No comments:

Post a Comment